I like to WOD, I like to cook and eat, and I like to talk all sorts of whatever.
If you're looking for run WODs, foodstuffs, sparse "sciency" info
(typically r/t exercise and physiology) and random soap-boxing....
read on, bitches:

05 March 2011

Paleo Challenge: day #1

Day 1 is over... just 41 days to go :-)

What I ate today:
Breakfast: Muscle Milk smoothie with almond milk
Lunch: Hardboiled egg, a couple celery sticks (I wasn't too hungry)
Snack: Carrot Juice (yeah, just got a brand new juicer), and a handful of nuts.
Dinner: Chicken thighs with asian marinade, sauteed chinese broccoli, one large carrot.

I'd have to say that today went by well, but we'll see what the end of week #1 is like (hopefully I'll still be singing the same tune). How did everybody else fair?

8 comments:

  1. More than likely, I will not be able to post my meals and/or a picture every single day, nor do I expect you guys to do the same. This was just an idea of how we can get our blog on!

    -M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I'm hungry all the time...normal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starving on this diet!! Okay...since I missed the kick-off meeting...here are my questions --
    1) Where does alcohol fit into this diet? Or do I have to give it up for 6 weeks (ugh!)?
    2) What about tea?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking as one who thoroughly researched the alcohol topic -- no alcohol is Paleo, however, you can drink hard liquors and to a lesser extent wine and still achieve your goals. Beer is anathema to the cause, though. Avoid at all costs (I have successfully avoided beer for 5 days now). Also, you need to be careful with mixers. Pretty much only diet soda and soda water.

    Brandon told me about a drink called the NorCal Margarita that I guess a lot of Paleo folks like:

    2 shots (4 oz) of Tequila (or vodka, or rum)
    juice of one lime
    club soda
    ice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Brad. I'll be drinking the NorCal Margarita for the next 6 weeks. :)

    Anyone know about tea intake? I'm guessing it's fine but no sugar, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tea is fantastic.
    You can have as much tea as you want.Just watch the artificial sweeteners.
    Try not to drink all the bloody time, you winos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brad, Give me your email address so that I can add you as an author to the blog...

    ReplyDelete