I like to WOD, I like to cook and eat, and I like to talk all sorts of whatever.
If you're looking for run WODs, foodstuffs, sparse "sciency" info
(typically r/t exercise and physiology) and random soap-boxing....
read on, bitches:

11 March 2011

Banana-Blueberry Nut Muffins


In celebration of no one telling me that tomorrows WOD is freakin Murph! I made some Paleo friendly banana-blueberry nut muffins. I found this recipe using the great tool known as “Google”. Thus, I cannot take credit for it. It’s pretty simplistic and I’d grade the end result a B+. Going forward, I think I would add at least one more banana, and a little more honey. The recipe will make approximately 18 muffins. To those conquering Murph tomorrow, I will be bringing some to the box to taste.


Ingredients:
2 Cups of Almond Meal
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
5 Banana’s (Smashed, add another one IMO)
2 tsp Honey
4 tsp Cinnamon
4 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 ½ Cups of Walnut Halves
2 Cups of Blueberries

Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Use 2 bowls; one for dry ingredients and 1 for wet. Use a mixer if you have one or stir until combined (be sure bananas are really smashed). If you are not using cupcake wrappers, make sure the muffin pan is greased with olive oil or coconut oil. Bake approximately 23 minutes. Store in the refrigerator for longer lasting muffins.

6 comments:

  1. For being muffins that aren't really muffins...they are not that bad! (but could that could just be me after one week of paleo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh those look so good! I google some recipes for paleo desserts so I'm making some Paleo brownies tonight (yes, the sweet tooth is kicking in). I'm really hoping these will have some similar taste to real brownies ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys, I had beer last night. I started with a clear drink, and it turned into beer. I'm quite mad with myself. What are the Paleo drinking rules?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca - I was told clear drinks (such as vodka/soda) and wine in moderation is okay. But beer is a definite no. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. The muffins look great! How have most been satisfying their sweet/sugar cravings? I want something sweet every now and then but can't seem to come up with any ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca, regarding drinking, technically no alcohol is Paleo, but Manni is allowing us 1 beer, 2 glasses of wine, or 4 1 oz servings of hard liquor. I've seen beer called "bread in a bottle" so I cut it out completely. I think we should be allowed a day off on Thursday, though. Green-colored NorCal Margaritas won't feel quite the same.

    ReplyDelete