I like to WOD, I like to cook and eat, and I like to talk all sorts of whatever.
If you're looking for run WODs, foodstuffs, sparse "sciency" info
(typically r/t exercise and physiology) and random soap-boxing....
read on, bitches:

05 March 2011

Intro Speech to the Paleo Challenge:

What up chicks and dudes?
The Blog is back like a Big Mac Attack. I have not used this blog in quite a while but I plan on being fidelotous from here on out. Previously, I was using this site for my run training. It will still be used for me to occasionally post my run WODs and for my occasional bits of [get your learn'on], but now it will also be a web-command central for our Paleo Challenge. Like you may have heard me say - It is is easier to do things when you know that you are not alone. Some of you can take this as "misery loves company", but I will tell you right now that you are looking at it through the wrong lens if that is your intitial opinion on it. Going Paleo is not torture nor some type of punishment; it is an opportunity! An opportunity to learn more about yourself, your ability to be disciplined, and to learn the role that adequate nutrition plays in your athletic performances and your activities of daily living.

I've said it before, " YOU CANNOT OUTPERFORM SH!TTY NUTRITION". Giving your body the best foods that have been proven to provide better output is comparable to using high octane gas in a high performance vehicle! (pssst, that high performance vehicle is your body)

The Paleo Challenge is now in effect. The preliminary rules and guidelines have been established and shared. Now what? Don't worry your pretty little monkey heads, I wouldn't just throw you in the deep end of the pool and leave you there to sink or swim (OK, maybe I would, but I am not this time). This is why I decided to reinstate this Blog site. As I mentioned just a few lines ago, this blog is now multi-purpose. If you are part of the challenge, send me your email address, and I will grant you access to the blog. In this blog, you can enter your thoughts, ramblings, or any other pertinent information. For the love of crap, don't leave a bunch of BS on the pages for people to read. This isn't your FB or twitter! Nobody cares that this movie on TBS has you lol'ing to the point that your stomach hurts, or about "mmmm appletini", or that you have the best dog in the world because it sits up like humans do and it is just soooo bloody cute (at least I don't). Tell us what you ate in order to stay Paleo today, share a great new recipe, put together a potluck - do anything that will ensure your and everybody else's success. This is your challenge make the most out of it and stay on task. Don't lie to yourself and don't cheat yourself. Nobody loves you as much as you do, so do something good for yourself.

-Manni
The Black Lion




ps - Me and comments are like fat kids and twinkies. Do I need them? - No. Do I want them? - Hell yeah! 
Feed me...



No comments:

Post a Comment