I like to WOD, I like to cook and eat, and I like to talk all sorts of whatever.
If you're looking for run WODs, foodstuffs, sparse "sciency" info
(typically r/t exercise and physiology) and random soap-boxing....
read on, bitches:

14 February 2012

Going Green is Good


When people say they make protein smoothies, that's great, but why not take it up a notch and make it a green protein smoothie? By green, I mean spinach or kale. Trust me, it doesn't taste gross ;) It's my go to breakfast most days because it's quick, easy, and portable. There are endless flavor combinations (much like the protein balls), but here is one of my favorites: the Chocolate Pumpkin Kale Smoothie.

Add almond milk, kale, banana, pumpkin, chocolate protein powder, cinnamon, and ice to blender





















Blend



End result

Pumpkin Kale Smoothie
Ingredients:
-1/2 cup almond milk
-1/2 - 1 scoop protein powder
-1/2 tsp cinnamon/pumpkin spice powder
-2 bunches kale (use less if this is your first time)
-3 cubes pumpkin (I freeze pumpkin puree into ice cube trays)
-1/2 frozen banana
-4 cubes ice

*Note: add more ice/frozen fruit to make smoothie thicker. Add more almond milk/water to thin smoothie out.

Directions:
Add everything to a blender. Blend. Drink and enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of adding Amazing Grass (or another superfood powder) to "Green Monsters" as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is - bunch of spinach, cup of water, banana and apple - blended well together. Great b/fast smoothie. Substitute fruits with frozen berries or mango. Try parsley, romaine and other green leafy stuff instead of spinach. Savory version - dill, tomatoes, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil.. limitless possibilities!!!

    ReplyDelete